This is not just a question of how much weight the child loads, but also how it is distributed.
As the beginning of a new school year, parents need to think about the comfort and safety of their children’s backpacks, advise the experts.
«Backpacks are designed to distribute the weight of the load by some of the strongest muscles in the body», says in a statement, Michael Wade Shrader, an orthopedic surgeon and spokesman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). «But, when used incorrectly, it may cause injuries like sprains and posture problems», says. Although some of these injuries are minor, others may have a lasting effect on children and follow them to adulthood. ‘
Children should not carry more than 15 the 20% of your body weight. Should use the two straps of backpacks and adjust the straps to keep the load close to your back, recommend both the AAOS as the North American Society of Pediatric orthopedics (POSNER).
- To raise the backpacks, bend your knees.
- Remove or reorder the items, if the bag is too heavy.
- When you’re packing the bag, place the heaviest objects at the bottom and toward the Center.
- According to fashionisSupreme, put in the bag only the objects required for the school day.
- Buy a backpack the size of the child.
- Parents should encourage their children to alert them to the numbness or tingling in the arms or legs, which may indicate that the bag is not well adjusted or that the child is carrying too much weight.
- See your child to put and take the bag from the back to check if there is any difficulty.
- If the bag seem too heavy, make the child remove some of the books and take them in his arms to lighten the load on the back.
- Children should be encouraged to leave the heavy books in his locker during the day.
12 best Body of Experts images on Pinterest
Backpacking Tips Archives
Backpack safety: Injury Statistics. Find more info at www …
10 best Back to School images on Pinterest
Looking Back: Last Year in Yosemite
Kids With Backpacks
My Wildly Feminist Decision to Go Ahead and Quit My Job …
ID Card Template | In Case of Emergency Cards
Emp resistant electronics, hurricane safety tips 2012 …
Fire Plow: A pretty detailed guide on how to start a fire …
CamelBak Kid’s Scout Hydration Pack – Best Camp Kitchen
Ancient Pathways Survival School, LLC: Natural and …
New Sponsor Adidas To Send The Dynamic Duo! – Michigan Ice …
Kanga Claw | Backpacking: Gear, Tips & Tricks
Pin by SalsaBO Dance School on London
10 best Travel Supplies images on Pinterest
Healthy Hiking: Best Tips To Keep Yourself In Great Shape
A Note For Appalachian Trail Thru Hikers
Top Outdoor Stocking Stuffers + Giveaways