Portugal, new Algarve!
Sunny coast at the edge of Europe: stunning beaches, amazing sights, expanses of life!
Charter flights to Portugal will take place every Wednesday, starting from 18.05. until 20.07.05 /inclusive/ by Estonian Air, by Boeing 737-500 aircraft. The plane flies on the route Tallinn-Faro-Tallinn. The flight lasts approximately 5 hours 10 minutes.
We are flying to the sunny coast of Portugal, to the southern part of the country, the Algarve region, where there are the best beaches, a large selection of hotels and places of entertainment. Our resorts with an active nightlife, the favorite place of young people Praia da Rocha and, located 15 km from it, the small picturesque peaceful village of Carvoiero. The transfer time from the airport to the hotel depends on the resort, from 1 to 1.5 hours.
Representatives of Horizon Travel are waiting for you on the spot, who will meet you at the airport, accompany you during excursions and help you solve any problems.
Why Portugal and the Algarve:
- According to Shoefrantics, Portugal is fascinating to Estonians because it is still relatively unknown, and therefore, there is a lot of amazing things ahead of you: golden beaches, vineyards and mountains, magnificent white villages on the slopes, romantic marinas, a rich heritage of history. The Moors left their mark here. Of course, we must not forget that at one time Portugal was a large empire with beautiful cities, churches and a chic capital. Luckily, Portugal is a relatively small country and getting around by car, train or bus is fairly quick and easy. Therefore, already for the first time, you can get to know the various places of the country well, among other things, do not forget about the local cuisine and high-quality wines.
- The capital Lisbon is a contrasting city with a unique urban spirit that will not leave anyone indifferent. Here you can find a lot of unique architecture mixed with neglect, lots of entertainment and interesting museums.
- Algarve, a province of the southern part of Portugal, is located on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, the best developed resort area in the country. The best place in Europe is characterized by golden sand beaches, sunny climate, a good choice of hotels and quite diverse places of pastime and attractions, both near and far. There is everything for a good holiday.
- The Algarve region, with its wide sandy beaches, is suitable for families. For children, there are several large water parks, the marine theme park Zoomarine, and carefree boat trips.
- Praia da Rocha is a resort of the region with the most beautiful beaches – wide beaches with golden sand on the border with dark yellow stone cliffs. Praia da Rocha is a modern city with an active nightlife full of apartments and hotels. It is also relatively small and compact. It is easy to navigate in it. Well suited for both young people and families.
- Carvoiero is a picturesque village with white houses built around the mountains, whose silhouette is not spoiled by modern high buildings and which has retained its charming traditional look. An ideal place for those looking for a relaxing holiday. The city square of Carvoiero with its cozy bars and shops is not like big resorts with a noisy nightlife.
- picturesque beaches with golden sand, a pleasant warm climate and a spacious Mediterranean atmosphere
- excellent cuisine and a large selection of places where you can have lunch or dinner; all this at an affordable price
- Portugal is the right place for people who are interested in culture, because there is a diverse selection of sights and monuments.
- good opportunities for active recreation
- A rich choice of places of entertainment and an active nightlife in Praia da Rocha
Slide & Splash Waterpark
The largest water park in the region is located 8 km from Praia da Rocha, in the town of Lagoa. The park is open from May to October (the exact time of opening in 2005 will be known in April). This park has both a black hole and a kamikaze. Naturally, there are also quiet, small entertainments – various water slides and pools. A ticket for adults costs 12.50 euros and for children 8.25 euros. There is a bus service to the park, both from Praia da Rocha and from Carvoeiro (free of charge if you make reservations by phone in advance).
Aqualand – The Big One
The second largest water park in the region is located in Armacao de Peras, about 24 km from Praia da Rocha. The park is open every day from May 2 to September 23 from 10.00 to 18.00. There are many attractions for both adults and children, for thrill-seekers and for a relaxing holiday. Tickets for adults cost 16.50 euros and for children 13.25 euros. Bus service is organized to the park, both from Praia da Rocha and from Carvoiero (approximately 3 euros)
Near Albufeira there is a large marine theme park, where there is something to see, both small and large. The park hosts performances of dolphins, seals, sea lions and parrots. Additionally, you can see sharks, turtles, crocodiles and parrots. Here it is possible to swim with dolphins under the guidance of an instructor (starting from 8 years old, swimming skills are required). The park has a large tropical aquarium, a special effects cinema, carousels, playgrounds, swimming pools and cafes. A ticket for an adult costs 18.90 euros and for children 5-10 years old 11.30 euros.