The camera bag is an important accessory for the photographer because it allows to transport its equipment but also to protect. But when you go into the choice there are many brands who fight the market with solutions and prices sometimes very different.
This is so a few tips and tricks to check for choose the right camera bag. Note that to help you navigate and especially to make the right choice, BonPlanPhoto has done a few tests of camera bags.
What are the characteristics to be evaluated to choose his camera bag?
To choose his camera bag, besides the price, several features are taken into account:
- The type of camera bag?
- The amount of material to carry?
- Other storage needs?
- Conditions of use?
For all these criteria we see questions that it is necessary to choose the camera bag that suits you best.
What type of camera bag for me?
All first, should know that there are several types of bags, of course each with its advantages and disadvantages, for example:
Shoulder bag: The big advantage is that we have very good access to the material, on the other hand he turns quickly uncomfortable see harmful when used long-term or for material relatively heavy. This type of camera bag is preferred for small equipment to means (bridge, reflex of entrance of range), or short trips or by car.
The backpack two straps: It’s the most comfortable solution for homethodology.com, but it’s my personal opinion. This camera bag allows a higher load and often is comparable to a hiking bag, so it is ideal for long walks. The downside is access to the material that is much less easy.
“” The backpack strap or “slingbag”: We could talk about hybrid between the first two types of bags. It is convenient and comfortable. It is limited in capacity, but remains comfortable over time.
The suitcase or ‘trolley’: Ideal for transport material in aircraft, car. But not recommended for hiking.
How much am I going to carry?
This issue is important, and when choosing my first camera bag, I had neglected it a little. Indeed why buy a camera bag that can carry 2 boxes, 5 goals and I don’t yet know what, if you only have one box?
But in another sense, we know that our material will evolve in quantity, so you may wish to anticipate. But he shouldn’t forget that more the camera bag is large, it will be heavy.
Again, depends on the use that will be of his camera bag and therefore make compromises:
- Choose a camera bag that fits more to the dimension of your APN for a very slight configuration with a shoulder bag or a bag belt.
- Choose to carry the equipment you use most often (a box with one or two goals, see a flash) with a backpack with a strap “slingbag.
- Or choose to carry a camera bag can hold all or a large part of your material: in this case a backpack with two straps.
Can I carry something else than camera equipment?
When you move or travel, the camera bag comes in extra business or usual suitcases and this can quickly become cumbersome. But there are solutions to allow you to optimize the storage in your bags photos:
- Some backpacks dedicate up to half of their capacity to your belongings, as for example the portfolio, the phone, the laptop, but also a bottle of water an IGN map.
- Even thinking about your photo tripod, there are pockets or some clashes systems to carry the tripod with the bag.
Under what circumstances will I use it?
In a number of situations, for example when you want to take pictures with discretion or that it will not attract pickpockets, it is useful to have a very discreet camera bag.
For extreme conditions, it is worth looking at in particular resistance to the water with the presence of a rain cover, or even resistance to shocks with a thick padding.
If the camera bag is intended for intensive use, in addition to the materials that must be strong, it seems necessary to look at:
- The closures, it is important that they are secure with a padlock, for example, or at least with the openings in the back.
- The quality of suspenders, indeed they are far more the distribution of the weight of the camera on the shoulder bag will be interesting.
- It is also interesting to look at the possibilities of modularity at the level of compartmentalization within the camera bag.
The little extras that can make the difference
Some features of the bag may tip the balance:
- Modularity in the mode of portage and the comfort level because some bags offer one or two straps to the choice. Look on the side of the straps, as they must not hurt the shoulders or chest, and an anti-transpirante material in the back is more pleasant for the effort.
- The weight of the camera bag, which of course depends on its size but also the materials used.
- The ability to add pockets for accessories such as a supplementary lens case and the presence of easily accessible pockets, on a ramp, for example, to place cards, spare batteries or a mobile phone.
Depending on your photographic practice, you will turn to one or other of the proposed solutions. But as you see, the versatile camera bag does not exist, it will unfortunately make concessions. This is so a few tips and tricks to check for choose the right camera bag.
To help you navigate and especially to make the right choice, BonPlanPhoto has done a few tests of camera bags.
Soft Silicone Protector Body Skin Cover Case Bag for Nikon …
5 In 1 9X Telephoto Wide Angle 10X Macro Fisheye Camera …
Fujifilm X100F Mirrorless Camera Review
ESCAM WNK403 4CH WiFi NVR Kit P2P 720P Access Point …
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Photo Polaroid Camera …
Billingham Hadley Small
Neon Rigid Plastic Luggage Tag Holder and Loop 1840-6210 …
Sydney Storm_Daniel Tran
Exclusive Frozen Print Blue Linen Panjabi With Beautiful …
Roys Peak_Daniel Tran
Russell Lupins_Daniel Tran
Stylish Original Zara Gabardine MH11P – Gabardine
Gadget Man Ireland
Athlete Leaning Against A Red Blank Board Cartoon Vector …
Gadget Man Ireland
Apexel 4 in 1 Extendable Monopod Selfie Stick Fisheye Lens …
Areedy Squishy Mango Super Slow Rising 16*9cm With …
How to Choose the Best Camera Bag
camera backpack image
How To Choose The Right Camera Bag